Monday, June 3, 2013

First Post! An Introduction to Vigilia Vidrio!

[Update:  As of the 2014-4-7 Blog Realignment, parts of this post are no longer valid (including the fact that the name of the Blog changed).  See THIS POST for more information]

       Greetings. I am S. E. Vidrio, and this is my blog, but if you are reading this I suppose ye already knew that. Some of ye may be familiar with my writing from THIS previous blog about the journeys of my Mum, brother, and me through the United States. Vigilia Vidrio is unrelated, except that it is written by me. The purpose of this blog to chronicle my life as a sort of public journal. Therefore, it will not be packed to bursting with my trademark historical analysis and gut-busting humour. Those will be present, but I will not be trying as hard to come up with something that is entertaining and informative, I shall just be writing about life, the universe, and everything as I see it. That said, I believe that some -- especially if you have actually met me -- will find this entertaining and feel free to invite you friends to read it.
       I will TRY to update it every day or two. Those of ye who followed the Williams Road Trip are probably all, "yeah -- every day. Like that'll ever happen." Perhaps ye are right. Often circumstances have intervened that prevent me from doing anything non-taskish for several days, but this blog should require much less time and infinitely less thinking than that other one.
       I decided to start this blog now -- well, I will not be writing anything exiting until tomorrow, so technically it is starting tomorrow -- because today (tomorrow) is my orientation to my first real(ish) job: a cashier at Wal-mart. So, even though I shall still be living with my mother, it is sorta/kinda the beginning of my existence as an independent organism. Also, I do not think that I could manage two blogs at once, and since I will no longer be (technically) on The Trip, I can actually stand a chance of keeping a consistent blog. Fans of TWRT do not fear! I shall catch The Trip blog up to the present and will probably add in any other mini-road trips I take with my Mum et/aut brother as time goes by, but it shall cease to be a commitment that takes up almost all of my non-veg internet time.
       As to the format of this blog, I shall just be winging it, so expect no consistently and expect to read my favourite words many, many, many, many, many, many times. Sometimes I shall post pictures, sometimes nothing, and sometimes -- if it has been an especially free time -- a video. I shall try and give a random fact that I learned either that same day or the day prior, and a joke at least once a week, but may fall out of that habit before too long.

That said: Apparently, all U. S. Presidents are descendants of King John of England -- the King from Robin Hood who signed the Magna Carta -- except for Martin Van Buren, who was Dutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment