Friday, June 7, 2013

6-7-2013: My REAL Real First Day!

This was the first day that I actually used a cash register, so it was sort of my REAL first day, even though I have be accruing pay since Tuesday.  I think it went well; no one got very mad and some people complimented my service and 'stache.  My lower shoulders are a little sore still, and my feet feel like I have been standing around for eight hours, but other than that I am good.  I think I will like this, but it remains to be seen if it will be merely tolerable or actually enjoyable.

Random Fact:  Officially, the Penny is called the "One-Cent Piece".  We call it a penny because that was the British term for the coin, and the newly freed colonists just kept calling the one-cent piece "Penny" out of habit.  The first American pennies were about the size of today's half-dollar and were made from solid, 100% copper.

Disclaimer:  The above is the opinion of a single Wal-Mart Associate, and not the opinions of the company as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment