Saturday, June 22, 2013

6-22-2013: All is Quiet

I keep forgetting to blog because nothing out of the ordinary has happened at work, so I usually just go to bed.  Yesterday we went and saw Monster's University at the local movie theater: El Cortez.  Although we did see another movie here, I did not mention it before and I want to tell ye about it.  It was built in the 1941 and is as if it has never been remodeled, even though it was when it re-opened in 1995 after many years of being shut down.  It has a capacity of 580 in the only one theater.  This is a little misleading, as there are less than 200 actual seats -- everyone else just sits on the floor or stands in the back.  It also only has four showtimes a week: 1900 Friday, Saturnday, Sunday, and 1400 on Saturnday.  It shows a different movie every weekend.  El Cortez is run by a guy & his wife, and they -- with help from two children who I assume are theirs when the crowds get big -- do all the work.  It seems an interesting anachronism in this day and age, but I think it is cool that these sort of places still exist.

Random Fact:  Although this is not really something I learned just today, I was thinking and it hit me and seems really weird:  Due to the fact that we do not begin storing memories until about age 4.5, and due the fact that the September 11th attacks happened in 2001:  The majority of 15 year-old children have no memory of 9/11.

Disclaimer:  The above is the opinion of a single Wal-Mart Associate, and not the opinions of the company as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment